I rarely use my Dell tablet and when I went to use it again I couldn’t remember the lock pattern. No problem I thought I will just reset it but I had since changed or my router and the tablet wasn’t able to connect to the Internet.
So my only option was to figure out to do a factory reset of the device. This device does not have a reset button on it. So off to Google I went.
So long story short. After much searching I figured it out.
- Hold power button down to shutdown the device
- Power on device and immediately hold volume down button.
- This will bring you to a screen where you can selected DruidBoot or Recovery. Use could button to navigate to Recovery option and then press the power button to select it.
- You will then get the Android logo will an exclamation point over it. This is Androids way of saying you don’t have a custom recovery. Hold down the power and press the volume up to get a mini menu.
- Select factory reset from the options. Use volume buttons to navigate up and down. Press power once you have factory reset selected.
- On the next screen is a menu that ask are you sure you want to reset. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the I am sure option.
- It will take several minutes to reset the device and deleted all of the data. When done it will return you to the initial menu.
- Select the reboot option and when it completes the start up it will walk you through the initial setup agasetup Android.
Figuring out these instructions was a pain. I was ready to give up on the tablet being able to be used again and just put it in a drawer to collect dust. Now I can use the tablet again and it only took a few minutes once I figured out the instructions.